From aircraft carriers to luxury yachts, aligning component points is the foundation for successful shipbuilding. As North America’s largest and most trusted precision alignment and machine services provider, we extend our expertise to the ship building industry through our 3D metrology services.
3D laser measurement is the best approach to meet the high level of complexity, precision and quality demanded by the ship building industry. OASIS engineers receive intensive, in-house training on the latest portable coordinate measurement technologies, so they’re always up-to-date on the most cutting edge tools and methods.
OASIS laser tracker services and mechanical services deliver precision equipment alignment and process improvement in the following areas of shipbuilding:
- Individual steel plate panel measurements
- Pattern cutout validations
- Real-time surface measurement and component verification
- Deformation measurement
- Pipe measurement and dimension verification
- Temperature deformation
- Jig verification
- Component alignment for building or refurbishing
- Verification of shape analysis
- Ship block measurement
- Vibration studies
- Hull geometry verification
- Drive train alignment (gearbox, support bearings, stern tubes, stuffing boxes, etc.)
- Main engine, generator, auxiliary systems dimensional inspections (bearings, bores, alignments)
- Reverse engineering of complex parts (hulls, propellers, rudders, bulges bows)
- Locating precision equipment such as artillery, antennas and radar components
Contact us to learn more about the OASIS advantage for the shipbuilding industry.