Do you have experience operating laser trackers, such as those from Leica, FARO or API? Do you have an inquisitive mind and enjoy troubleshooting on parts and machinery? (I don’t mean small machines; these are large industrial pieces of machinery!) Do you enjoy working independently, but also as an integral part of a team?
Then come join our very talented team in our Northeast region, servicing our customers in NH, ME, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, and NJ and across the US! We service a variety of industries and machinery, so you’ll always be learning and growing and never bored!
OASIS is a dynamic organization with supportive management, suited to people who enjoy providing creative, technical service solutions in a friendly, small, team-orientated environment.
OASIS Alignment Services is North America’s most trusted provider of 3D metrology, optical alignment, and mechanical services. The recognized leader in precision alignment, we perform precision optical (2D) and/or metrology (3D laser) alignment inspections, adjustments and maintenance on virtually any type of industrial machinery, as well as on the parts and assemblies our customers fabricate.
You will be providing on-site service solutions directly for our customers. These services make an impressive, positive impact to their process efficiency and profitability. As a result, since you’re the ‘hero’ that helped their machinery function better than it has in years, they will often ask for you again, by name!
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
- Reviewing and confirming job scope with customer and OASIS sales
- Gathering alignment and/or dimensional data using precision laser metrology instruments
- Observing and reporting machine and equipment conditions and problems
- Making on-site recommendations
- Performing corrective action/maintenance and/or supervising such
- Generating Technical Service Reports including comprehensive 3D models as applicable
- Conducting site visits aimed at gathering information for proposal generation
- Working with OASIS Account Manager in order to generate proposals
- Training personnel in the use of precision metrology instruments, report generation, inspection and alignment techniques, and all other machine alignment skills
Metrology Engineer Skills and Experience:
- Experience operating a laser tracker (Leica, FARO, API etc.), preferably in an industrial environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of mathematical principles
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Proficient in MS Windows and all common MS Office applications and AutoCAD
- Some experience with at least one of the following applications: Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks, CATIA, Inventor, BuildIT, Spatial Analyzer, CAM2 or Polyworks
What OASIS provides for your health & well-being:
- Choice of 4 Medical insurance plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Short and Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacations, starting at 2 weeks/year and accruing additional time each year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Paid sick time
|Job Category||Field Service|